Dunhill Aquarium Half Giant for sale

Want to sell or exchange a smoking collectible? A great place for dealers and collectors. Also topics on eBay are welcomed here!

Postby georgeinthehat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:15 pm

I was at an estate sale two weeks ago and stumbled across a Dunhill Aquarium half giant. I had NO idea what it was when I purchased it . . . other than it was one of the most intriguing and beautiful things that I had seen in a long time. I've since read a bit online and have come to the conclusion that this lighter should be in a proper collection.

It is silver plated and measures 4 inches wide by 2 inches deep by 3 inches high. There IS wear to the silver plate and is quite tarnished. I'm leaving the cleaning and polishing to the new owner.

This aquarium lighter has the registration number 737418 on the reverse of the arm behind the Dunhill logo. You'll find one fish (blue and orange) on the front, and two fish (orange / dark orange, orange / yellow / blue) on the reverse surrounded by a variety of sea plants. The overall artistic effect is pretty amazing and quite realistic. Hold this lighter in your hand and you can feel the craftsmanship and quality. It weighs exactly one pound.

Condition wise please note that I can see two issues. The worst, about the size of two pin-heads is located at twelve o'clock directly above the blue and orange fish on the front of the lighter. The second issue, slightly smaller that the first, is located on the end (right hand).

For more information please do not hesitate to call me at (403) 580-6598 (CANADA), or g.webb@telus.net
Attachments
Lighter 1.jpg
Lighter 2.jpg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dunhill Aquarium Half Giant for sale

Postby Paulie420 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:48 am

I have a proper collection - and would enjoy adding this dunhill lift arm...

But price is always the hard part; even tho it may be $100 retail, its rough. For the $20-25 I'd offer maybe you can start your own collection. Its really fun.

test me 512-636-1003... if you want to chat price.

Return to Tobacciana Marketplace